Production 1: Set-up your Website/Digital Portfolio
Set up your website (using a free website-maker like WordPress, Weebly, Wix, SquareSpace, etc). You will use this site as your course portfolio to host your critical reflections and/or creative artefacts (intellectual productions).
If you have questions, seek out the plentiful online support resources and support communities. Or contact your instructor!
- Carefully select a design template to showcase your course work.
- Consider aesthetic and multimodal design elements (personalize your site; remove extraneous widgets; clear out or replace stock “place-holder” images).
- Set up a resource page to curate links, media tools, articles, images, etc, you find interesting for future use.
- Set up a page/post structure for your weekly intellectual productions.
- Reflect on (and document) HOW you learn as you create/build your site: how are you interacting with the tools? how does the site provide feedback and/or support accomplishing goals/learning? what local or networked social/community resources are you consulting? please document design decisions and affect during the process (frustration, pleasure, play, curiosity, etc).
- Further, as you engage our first readings, can you make any connections between the articles and your experience of website building?
2. Send Link: Once you have set up your site, send me an email – firstname.lastname@example.org – with a link to your website.
Due Date: Website Due by Start of Class 3